Wednesday 18 April 2012

Material Experiment-Polyblock



What is Polyblock printing?
Polyblock printing is drawing on polystyrene and making marks, afterwards taking ink to print it of a piece of paper.



First I took a piece of thin polystyrene and an image to draw from. The next step was to draw the picture on the polystyrene with a blunt pencil. I tried to dig into the shapes as much as I can as I wanted to get an impression of what I am trying to demonstrate. After I drew the image into the polystyrene, I got some thick printing ink and roller it onto a smooth flat surface.
I completed this and therefore with a little pressure I rolled the ink onto the image on the polystyrene and placed the ink side down onto the surface.
Lastly I gently and very carefully lifted the polystyrene from the surface. Which ended up as a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment