Wednesday 18 April 2012

Lino Printing

Lino Characteristics: 
Smooth, durable, bendy, flat, tough, hard, thin, reinforced, cuttable and you can carve it.

Advantages:
Carve it
Print it
Emboss/Rubbings
Reduction printing
Tough/ Sturdy
Print onto different surfaces
Easy for simple designs or bigger designs

Disadvantages:
Mistakes are un-reversible
Not 3D
You have to work hard to get a texture
Hard to cut
Limited colour application, rollers etc.
Hard to clean and hard to get off hands
Barrier cream for hands
White spirit- Fumes
Long time to dry
Time consuming
Difficult to get detail


Using the equipment such as bench hooks and a Lino cutting tool we carved the design we drew out beforehand. Afterwards, I carved the details as carefully as I could. Once I completed the carving I then painted it using a roller, then I used the Albion press to print it out onto paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment